COMPACT TABLE SAW, CTS™
The Compact Table Saw is the smallest, most portable saw in the SawStop lineup. It provides durability, precision, and power that can be taken to any job site.
10″ BLADE: For maximum cut capacity.
SAWSTOP’S PATENTED SAFETY SYSTEM: Stops a spinning blade on contact with skin. The blade stops in less than 5 milliseconds, and drops below the table, minimizing a potentially life-altering injury to a mere scratch.
ON-SAW STORAGE COMPARTMENT: Everything has its place: Stow away tools and accessories in one location for easy access and quick retrieval.
ZERO CLEARANCE TOOL-FREE INSERT: Specifically engineered for the CTS series, this insert provides accurate cuts and reduces tear out. One push lockdown allows for tool-free operation and easy install.
RACK & PINION FENCE: The Rack & Pinion fence is easy to adjust and reliably square, with a built-in high and low face that supports all kinds of cuts.
QUICK-TILT BEVEL WITH MICRO ADJUSTMENTS: Quickly and easily tilt the blade to your ideal angle with just one hand. The micro-adjust feature provides the ability to dial in a precise cutting angle.
LIGHT, PORTABLE AND VERSATILE: The robust frame is made up of steel and has an integrated handle for easier transportation. Weighing in at only 68 lbs. the SawStop CTS series makes it significantly easier to bring to the jobsite.
- SawStop safety system, making this the world’s safest mobile saw
- Robust steel frame with integrated gripping handle for easier transportation
- Onboard tool storage; blade guard, miter gauge, room for an extra brake guard
- Intelligent bypass system detects conductivity and allows users to cut material that might be conductive, in addition the system will also tell you if the material would trip it on trial.
- Toolless access to the internals; blade cartridge, riving knife and blade guard holder
- -2° to 47° saw blade tilt range
- Durable coated aluminum tabletop
- Rack and pinion fence with lock and two points of contact for reduced flex
- Push stick holder integrated into the fence
- Override fence stops to prevent fence from contacting with the blade
- Narrow fence extension allows for extended rip capacity of up to 24”
- Oversized emergency start/stop switch
- Safety lock out switch
- The stand, available as an accessory, is easy to put together and one of the legs can be adjusted to help accommodate uneven floors.
- Cord wrap on frame
- Standard 2.5” dust port
- 24-tooth 10” SawStop blade included
(1) Miter Gauge
(1) Brake Cartridge (installed)
(1) 4 mm Hex Key
(2) Blade Wrenches
(1) Riving Knife (installed)
(1) Blade Guard with Spreader and Anti-Kickback Pawls
(1) 24-Tooth Ripping Blade (installed)
(1) Push Stick
(1) Table Saw Insert (installed)
Motor Configuration: 120 VAC 60 Hz, Universal
Amperage (A): 15A
No-Load RPM: 4,000
Max. Depth of Cut at 0°: 3 1/8" (79.5 mm)
Max. Depth of Cut at 45°: 2 1/8" (54 mm)
Max. Rip Capacity: 24 1/2" (648 mm)
Weight: 68 lbs.
Overall Footprint: 14 ¼” H x 23 ½” W x 27” D
Table Surface: 23” W X 22 5/8” D
Can Dado Sets Be Used On the Compact Table Saw?
No. Dado stacks are much heavier than a standard table saw blade. The forces created in the retraction of a dado stack require much larger and heavier drivetrain and structural components than can be accommodated on our lightweight and portable saw body. We recommend our JSS Pro table saw for users that require dado capability in a mobile package.
What are the main differences between the JSS and CTS?
The main differences you will find on our Compact Table Saw (CTS): Lighter weight at 68 lbs. for the saw body vs 84 lbs. on the Jobsite Saw (JSS). Max rip capacity CTS 24 ½” vs JSS 25 ½” The CTS is even more portable with an easy-carry handle, whereas the JSS has a built-in mobile cart. The CTS has a rack and pinion fence vs JSS has T-style with ergo lock (self-squaring) Multi-turn blade elevation on CTS vs JSS has the one-turn elevation Standard blade guard on CTS vs JSS has dust collection blade guard. CTS is a direct drive motor vs JSS having a belt driven motor. The CTS is not able to support the use of Dado blades.
What is the HP of the Compact Table Saw?
We have not published the HP of the CTS as a spec because we have found there is a lot of variability in how saws of this class specify their motor power – which can be both misleading and confusing. The CTS has a 15A, direct drive motor that is comparable to other top competitors’ saws in this class.
Are the faceplates on the fence replaceable on the CTS and what are they made of?
They are aluminum faceplates, and they are not replaceable.
What is the insert made of on the CTS?
The insert for our Compact Table saw is made of glass-filled plastic.
Are the inserts for the JSS and CTS interchangeable?
No, the inserts for the Jobsite saw will not fit the Compact Table saw and vice versa.
How can the stand work with an uneven floor?
One of the legs on our Compact Table Saw can be adjusted to accommodate uneven floors.
What type of motor is on the CTS?
Our CTS saw has a direct drive, universal motor.
Is the motor for the CTS the same as the JSS?
The motors on the Compact Table Saw and the Jobsite Saw Pro are not the same. The CTS uses a direct drive motor, whereas the JSS has a belt drive motor. There are several advantages to a belt drive motor including noise and vibration suppression.